Book online bus tickets to Tumkur By Pooja Travels.
Pooja Travels takes you to the Tumkur district is an administrative district in the state of Karnataka in India. The district headquarters are located at Tumkur. The district occupies an area of 10,598 km² and had a population of 2,584,711, of which 19.62% were urban as of 2001. It is a one and a half hour drive from Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka.
It consists chiefly of elevated land intersected by river valleys. A range of hills rising to nearly 4,000 feet (1,200 m) crosses it from north to south, forming the watershed between the systems of the Krishna and the Kaveri. The principal streams are the Jayamangala and the Shimsha. The mineral wealth of Tumkur is considerable; iron is obtained in large quantities from the hillsides; and excellent building-stone is quarried. The slopes of the Devarayanadurga hills are clothed with forests, in which large game abounds, including tigers, leopards, bears and wild hog. The annual rainfall averages 39 inches.
Tumkur is the headquarters of the district of the same name. It is located to the North West of Bangalore at a distance of 70Km.City is in close proximity to Bangalore and has a decadal growth of about 40% over the last few decades. This is a city surrounded by mountains and hills ,pleasant place for learning , Siddhaganga Mutt is one of the god send to poor and Orphan children for getting educated , is gate way for Karnataka ,more than 15 Districts should pass through Tumkur to reach Capital city Bangalore , this city is also famous for good tourist palces like Kaidala Temple ,Devarayana Durga, Namada Chilume, Shiva Gange, Goravanahalli MahaLakshmi Temple etc.
Tourist Attractions in Tumkur
Make your Tour to Tumkur a memorable experience by visiting these famous tourist places in Tumkur.
* Yediyur Home of the prominent Veerashaiva Saint - Totada Shivalinga, this place is renowned for the Sadhalingeshwara Temple.
* Pavagada Fort Built in 1405 AD by a Vijayanagar chieftain, this Hill Fort was the scene of fierce battle between the British and Tipu Sultan.
* Madhugiri Known for its pomegranates, this developing town is home to one of the finest Hill Forts built by the Vijayanagar Kings. Jain Basadis and other temples adorn the place.
* Marconahalli Here is a reservoir built across Shimsha River, where you can avail of boating facilities.
* Sinhadham This Lion Safari Park is situated on Shimoga-Sagar Road.
Places around Tumkur
Explore the land of Tumkur, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Tumkur –
* Devarayanadurga This small beautiful place of pilgrimage set amidst dense forest is a hill-station situated 16 km away. You can witness Sri Yoganarasimhaswamy and Bhoga Narasimhaswamy temples, as also the Namada chilume and Adi Sankara temples here.
* Goravanahalli Lakshmi Temple Located 90 km from Tumkur, this majestic temple is one of the famous ones in Karnataka.
Pooja Travels takes you to the Tumkur and makes the journey comfortable.
Pooja Travels takes to the Bellary district is situated on the eastern side of Karnataka state extending from southwest to northeast directions. This district is bounded by Raichur district on the north, Koppal district on the west, Chitradurga and Davanagere districts on the south, and Anantapur and Kurnool districts of Andhra Pradesh on the east.
Bellary Pooja Travels district takes its name from the word Balari which refers to goddess Durugamma as this goddess had manifested herself in this town. The district besides being an administrative area of the state is also a tourist’s hot spot. The prime visiting places in and around the district includes Hampi, Bear Sanctuary and Sandur.
Bellary city is well connected by road to all major cities, towns and important cities of neighboring states and can make use of Pooja Travels to travel to bellary.
Historical names of the Bellary area
* Bellary Pooja Travels was once part of an area also known as Kuntala Desha or Kuntala Vishaya (Vishaya - a territorial division or district of a kingdom). Many inscriptions refer to the Western Chalukyas as rulers of Kuntala or Kondala.
Bellary Core area of Western Chalukya monuments, roughly corresponding to Sindavadi-1000
* Bellary is an inscription during the Gangas of Talakadu speaks of a certain Sindha Vishaya which consists parts or whole of today's Bellary, Haveri, Gadag, Dharawada, Koppala and Bagalakote districts. Many inscriptions by Yadavas and Kalyani Chalukyas refer to this areas as Sindavadi or Sindavadi-nadu.
* During the rule of Western Chalukyas, the area around Bellary was part of Nolambavadi (referred to as Nolambavadi-32000), which included parts of the present Shivamogga, Chitradurga, Davanagere, Bellary and Anantapuram Districts. Further, some inscriptions mention that Nolambavadi-nadu was a part of Kuntala desha.
There are several colonial buildings belonging to the British period in typical English style. Some of them are the Bellary Central Jail, Wardlaw High School, St. Philomena's School, The D.C.s Office, Courts, and Railway Stations etc.
In Bellary Pooja Travels famous personalities of the freedom movement were imprisoned in Bellary Jail such as C.Rajagopalachari, V V Giri and Tekur Subramanyam. "
Believed to be mentioned in the great Hindu epic, Ramayana, Bellary Pooja Travels is endowed with a glorious history and a rich a culture. The city is located in the midst of black cotton soil.
Tour to Bellary Pooja Travels. Popular for the granite rocks and hills, Bellary is well known tourist destination in south India. The city has many colonial buildings which add to the archeological beauty of Bellary. You can make route to Bellary through Pooja Travels.
Accommodation in Bellary Pooja Travels is easily available. Hotels, guesthouses and lodges of different kinds are available. One can between luxurious star hotels and low budget economy hotels.
Bellary is well connected to the rest of the country by bus and road . Frequent buses are available through Pooja Travels
Book online bus tickets to Bellary by Pooja Travels